5 Ways to plan your career at BIC
Burnett International College provides a wide variety of programs that will assist you in creating the future that you envision for yourself. The following steps are to guide you in your long-term career planning for your life:
- Choose the right program. Look at what you are interested in. Do not discount what you feel like your intuition is leading you to. Burnett International College offer various programs with different duration, choose the one that you feel like you can commit yourself to for that period of time.
- Enroll. Sometimes it is hard to commit to the future. We make excuses, we plan for ‘next year’ and the years go by and we regret not starting sooner.
- Have your eyes on the prize. Going to school is an investment into a better life. While that is true, it is also going to throw bumps on the road. The key is to look at the end goal. After enrolling in the right program for you, remember why you started. That will help keep you motivated when you are faced with situations outside of your control while in school.
- Network. We now live in a fast pace and interconnected society. Finding employment is not a matter of luck, it is networking. Join organizations that correspond with your major, volunteer in social groups. This will help bring you in contact with individuals that can further your career beyond school
- Continue Learning. Even if you decide not to pursue a bachelor’s degree after the completion of your program, continue to learn more of your field. The more time you invest in perfecting your craft, the better you will be. Informal learning is a great supplement to what you have learned at BIC.
There you have it. Follow these steps and you will find that not matter what arise in your life, you will be better prepared and far better for it.